OnePlus published a new open beta for the OnePlus 5 smartphones. This open beta brings the company’s latest devices up to date with Android 8.1. Now this is a beta, which means you do need to update to the company’s open beta program to get updated to Android Oreo.
What’s new in Android 8.1:
Upgraded system to Android™ 8.1 Oreo™
- Added New auto pick up gesture – answer incoming call by raising the phone
- Added global roaming solution
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode for immersive gaming experience including
- notifications blocking, power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- Added more clock styles for ambient display
- Optimized full screen gesture support (this is only for 5T)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-02
- Supported data migration for application backup
Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
If you want to download the Open Beta 6 for your OnePlus 5 smartphone. Herer is the link for you:
Source: OnePlus Forum