Android Malware Named ” Android.banker.A9480 Malware ” targeting over 232 banking apps including a few banks in India.
According to Reports From Quick Heal Security Labs This Malware Design for steal personal data from users, login data, SMS, contact lists and uploads them to a malicious server.
Apart from the banking apps, this Trojan also targets cryptocurrency apps present on a user’s phone.
What Are the Banks Indian banking apps that are targeted by the Android banking Trojan malware :
- Axis mobile
- HDFC Bank MobileBanking
- SBI Anywhere Personal
- HDFC Bank
- MobileBanking LITE
- iMobile by ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank GO Mobile+
- Abhay by IDBI Bank Ltd
- IDBI Bank GO Mobile
- IDBI Bank mPassbook
- Baroda mPassbook
- Union Bank Mobile Banking
- Union Bank Commercial Clients.
Source Of Android.banker.A9480 Malware :
Android.banker.A9480 malware gets circulated via a fake Flash Player app on third-party stores.
How Android.banker.A9480 Malware Works in Mobile :
Once users download the malicious application.Once the app is installed on
- a smartphone, the icon gets hidden when the user taps on it.
- The malicious app keeps working in the background while checking for one of the 232 banking apps.
- Further, if the app finds one of the targeted apps, it sends a fake notification that resembles the banking app.
- When users open the notification, they get a fake login window that is then used by the attackers to extract confidential data like login ID and password.
Better to Stop Downloading pirated movies, pirated songs, porn videos, crack software etc.. in your Mobile phone & Don’t Give permissions to Unknown Apps.